Saturday, July 18, 2015

Together or Separate? That is the question!

First things first....

Since we decided to apply for criminal rehabilitation, I've been doing some research into the process. The application and instructions can be found here:


Two forums that I have found helpful tips and information from are:



I've been trying to figure out if I need to apply for criminal rehabilitation before I apply for permanent residency or if I can just send both applications together. I'm not sure which process would be quicker. I have read that applying for criminal rehabilitation first may make the process of applying for permanent residency go smoother and quicker. However, I've also read that you can just send both applications in together because they are processed in the same processing center; this may save some time in the beginning of the process. I'm really not sure what to do at this point.


One thing that I do know that I need to do is get my criminal history from the FBI and Virginia state police.  So that's what I did yesterday. I completed the applications for each request (the FBI request can be found here: FBI- Identity History Summary  state request can be made through your state police agency) and then went to the local sheriff's office to get finger printed. This was a very simple process. It cost $5 per card and only took 5 - 10 minutes to complete. After I was finished I mailed the requests at the post office. Now the waiting game begins. In the mean time I am going to start gathering the other documents needed for the criminal rehabilitation application. I'll also try to find out if I should apply for PR and criminal rehabilitation together or separately. Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading! I hope that you find this and future entries helpful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment